[Openstack-operators] DiskFilter Disabled - No valid host was found

Kostiantyn.Volenbovskyi at swisscom.com Kostiantyn.Volenbovskyi at swisscom.com
Mon Aug 15 08:15:12 UTC 2016

Hi,

Just to add that this bug was recently brought up in openstack-dev [1]

it sounds that you are waiting for fix via [2] or, probably more likely [3]
Disabling DiskFilter sounds like OK workaround in case your VMs are never booted from image in your OpenStack Region(s).
But if I understand the fault - the migrate/resize/live migrate/rebuild/evacuate will not work because
. assuming that on target Compute Host you don't have local disk - and your flavor has more than 0 GB for root and/or ephemeral disk
-it would fail.

So I would say that setting your root disk space to '0' in the flavor might be a better workaround

BR,
Konstantin
[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-August/101566.html
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/200870/