[Openstack-operators] DiskFilter Disabled - No valid host was found

William Josefsson william.josefson at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 15:47:28 UTC 2016

Hello, I got Error, no valid host was found while trying to provision
and I could in nova-scheduler.log see that the DiskFilter failed to
find a compute host. My OS is CentOS7/ running Liberty.

If I'm not mistaken, it is a bug that DiskFilter checks space
available on compute-host / partition even when I'm using iSCSI and
RBD backends. The / is no way near full.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1358566

Can anyone confirm whether it is fine to disable DiskFilter if I'm
using iSCSI and RBD backend or would anything else brake? thx will