[Openstack-operators] Change Dashboard Splash Logo and Top-left logo

William Josefsson william.josefson at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 07:55:55 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to do a simple customization to my Liberty/CentOS7
dashboard changing my Splash-Logo and after login, the small top-left
Logo.

I have tried to follow the online customization guide and created by
own custom.css in:

# /usr/share/openstack-dashboard/openstack_dashboard/static/dashboard/scss/custom.css

h1.brand a {
background: url(../img/small_logo.png) top left no-repeat;
}
#splash .login {
background: url(../img/logo_splash.png) no-repeat center 35px;
}

# I have added import of custom.css
# /usr/share/openstack-dashboard/openstack_dashboard/templates/_stylesheets.html

{% compress css %}
<link href='{{ STATIC_URL
}}horizon/lib/bootstrap_datepicker/datepicker3.css' type='text/scss'
media='screen' rel='stylesheet' />
<link href='{{ STATIC_URL }}horizon/lib/rickshaw.css' type='text/scss'
media='screen' rel='stylesheet' />
<link href='{{ STATIC_URL }}dashboard/scss/horizon.scss'
type='text/scss' media='screen' rel='stylesheet' />
<link href='{{ STATIC_URL }}dashboard/scss/custom.css'
type='text/scss' media='screen' rel='stylesheet' />
{% endcompress %}

For some strange reason, only the splash logo appears customized. The
top-left Small logo after login still remains unchanged. My image is
2.2K.

Can anyone please hint on why the small logo does not appear, and how
to fix? thx will