[Openstack-operators] nova resize on shared storage

Timofei Durakov tdurakov at mirantis.com
Mon Aug 8 08:52:27 UTC 2016

Hi,

so for this moment we have 2 options:
- somehow check every time that nodes are on shared storage(now it's done
over ssh)
- define that shared storage explicitly()

The possible workaround for the first option is to use RPC for checking
that temporarily created test file exists(more RPC calls).
For the second option(I think the most preferable) there is a bp [1] that
introduce abstraction that allows set up such shared storages.

Timofey

[1] - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/generic-resource-pools