[Openstack-operators] [openstack-dev] [cinder] [all] The future of Cinder API v1

Ivan Kolodyazhny e0ne at e0ne.info
Mon Sep 28 22:25:04 UTC 2015

Hi all,

As you may know, we've got 2 APIs in Cinder: v1 and v2. Cinder v2 API was
introduced in Grizzly and v1 API is deprecated since Juno.

After [1] is merged, Cinder API v1 is disabled in gates by default. We've
got a filed bug [2] to remove Cinder v1 API at all.

According to Deprecation Policy [3] looks like we are OK to remote it. But
I would like to ask Cinder API users if any still use API v1.
Should we remove it at all Mitaka release or just disable by default in the
cinder.conf?

AFAIR, only Rally doesn't support API v2 now and I'm going to implement it
asap.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/194726
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/cinder/+bug/1467589
[3]