[Openstack-operators] adding a compute node

pra devOPS siv.devops at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 05:34:33 UTC 2015

Hi I have already openstack setup up and running withe 1 controller,1
network and 1 compute node.

with qemu hypervisor.

Now i wanted to add a kvm hypervisor, I have installed the kvm,novacompute
openvswitch,and nuetron agent in the compute node.

Created the br-int bridge in the compute node.

started the compute,nuetron agent and the ovs in the compute node, I am
able to see the compute's neutron agent in the network node.

When I boot a instance on the newly added compute it says spawning for ever
, The iptables are off on the compute.

any reasons or Do any body has steps to add a compute to the existing setup?

Thanks,
Dev