[Openstack-operators] How to install magnum?

Mike Smith mismith at overstock.com
Thu Oct 29 02:18:26 UTC 2015

That would be great.   I was so excited for magnum after the last summit, but had the following obstacles:

- The installation/configuration is very devstack-specific.
- Magnum isn’t yet packaged for RDO.

Eventually one of the Magnum team members pointed me to some RPMs that he built and I was able to use those to get things installed.

As a side note, I’m still very interested in Magnum, had to set it aside for now because the heat template used by magnum required an external network, which is something our specific implementation doesn’t use.

Mike Smith
Principal Engineer / Cloud Team Lead
Overstock.com<http://Overstock.com>