[Openstack-operators] [nova-docker] Updated docker images are not copied into the hypervisor

Alvise Dorigo alvise.dorigo at pd.infn.it
Mon Oct 12 07:56:51 UTC 2015

Hi,
I've just experienced a bug (or possibly a feature?) of nova-docker.

I customized a docker image fedora/ssh and uploaded into glance.
I've successfully instantiated a container from that image.
Then I've terminated the container and removed the image from glance.
I've also removed the docker image from the local registry (docker rmi
fedora/ssh) in the controller node where the build took place and where glance is running on.

Then, I've built a new docker image from fedora/ssh (adding software).
I've uploaded this new image into glance.
I've instantiated it.
When I logged into the container I didn't found the new additional
software.

To work around this bug (or feature) I had to remove the old fedora/ssh
image from the hypervisor docker's local registry.

nova-docker seems to be "bound" to the image's name instead of the UUID
generated by glance.

Is this supposed to be the right behaviour ? Or am I doing something wrong ?

thanks,

	Alvise