[Openstack-operators] [nova] Proposed patch to deprecate nova-manage service commands

Andy Hill hillad at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 14:58:07 UTC 2015

Hi Matt,

Why were we deprecating service management with nova-manage? Just to remove
duplication?

I actually like having two paths- if there is an issue with the service API
being able to use nova-manage as a fail-safe doesn't stop me from adding
new capacity. The availability of the services API and capacity
availability are two very different worlds. :)

-AH

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 10:49 AM, Matt Riedemann <mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com