[Openstack-operators] [openstack-dev] Mirantis Fuel Multi-Region

Vladimir Kuklin vkuklin at mirantis.com
Tue Nov 17 12:23:00 UTC 2015

Hi Folks

Let me comment on a couple of things. Multiregion support is possible from
deployment side. You need to pass a region parameter to corresponding nodes
being deployed.
It is a part of detached services feature which is delivered through
plugins: "
http://specs.fuel-infra.org/fuel-specs-master/specs/7.0/separate-services.html
"
Please look into this change:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/191244/

It should allow you to set Region name per-node. You will need just to
download nodes settings and add a corresponding parameter 'region' into
deployment yaml files. This will lead for controllers (or corresponding
nodes roles whether you choos to use separated controller services) to
create endpoints with corresponding region name.
Should you face any issues, please create a bug at Launchpad or contact us
within openstack-dev mailing list with [Fuel] tag in the message or
approach us at #fuel-dev IRC channel.

And another comment regarding multirack installation. In 8.0 we are
planning to enable multiple rack configuration MVP to allow users to be
able to deploy across multiple L2 segments for admin network. Please refer
to https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/l3-multiple-racks .

Yours Faithfully,
Vladimir Kuklin,
Fuel Library Tech Lead,