[Openstack-operators] Kilo upgrade challenges

Leslie-Alexandre DENIS contact at ladenis.fr
Wed Nov 11 23:43:57 UTC 2015

Le 11/11/2015 05:46, Xav Paice a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Late to the party, I'm only just doing the Kilo upgrade now (with a
> couple of projects going direct to Liberty).  I seem to have hit a bit
> of a snag, and I've now spent a bit too long banging my head against
> this, was wondering if anyone else has advice/experiences to share.
>
> If it's a "you Muppet, you did X wrong" thing, I'd love to hear about
> it - I'm 99.9% sure I've stuffed up a config somewhere.
>
> In short, after upgrading, say, Heat, to Kilo, and running the db
> migration, restarting etc, the CLI is returning 'Authentication
> required'.  My user is admin, and nothing has changed that I'm aware
> of.  I can't see anything particularly new in the logs for keystone,
> nor in heat, except that I now see "WARNING
> keystonemiddleware.auth_token [-] Authorization failed for token".
> I'm not sure if that's a problem or not though.
>
> Some details etc are in http://paste.openstack.org/show/478501/ ->
> from a dev environment so not even sanitized.
>
> Anyone been there?
>
> Thanks
> Xav

Hello Xav,

I faced similar problems last few weeks, during an Icehouse to Kilo
upgrade, regarding to Cinder and I found out that it was due to client
version.
You can find the correct version in
https://github.com/openstack/heat/blob/stable/kilo/requirements.txt
At least, you can double check it and eventually solve this.

My 2 cents,