[Openstack-operators] Kilo upgrade challenges

Xav Paice xavpaice at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 04:46:07 UTC 2015

Hi,

Late to the party, I'm only just doing the Kilo upgrade now (with a couple
of projects going direct to Liberty).  I seem to have hit a bit of a snag,
and I've now spent a bit too long banging my head against this, was
wondering if anyone else has advice/experiences to share.

If it's a "you Muppet, you did X wrong" thing, I'd love to hear about it -
I'm 99.9% sure I've stuffed up a config somewhere.

In short, after upgrading, say, Heat, to Kilo, and running the db
migration, restarting etc, the CLI is returning 'Authentication required'.
My user is admin, and nothing has changed that I'm aware of.  I can't see
anything particularly new in the logs for keystone, nor in heat, except
that I now see "WARNING keystonemiddleware.auth_token [-] Authorization
failed for token".  I'm not sure if that's a problem or not though.

Some details etc are in http://paste.openstack.org/show/478501/ -> from a
dev environment so not even sanitized.

Anyone been there?

Thanks