[Openstack-operators] [openstack-dev][openstack-operators][chef] Thanks again, and we've already made amazing progress since Summit!

JJ Asghar jasghar at chef.io
Thu May 28 22:59:53 UTC 2015

All,

I’d like to thank everyone that came to the Vancouver Summit and our Official Ops Meeting[1].

Since then we have officially been sanctioned[2] and made amazing progress with true integration testing our cookbooks[3][4], including leveraging Rally[5] for benchmarking.

Turns out after the meeting Mark, Jan, Allan, and I sat down and with some conversations with the infra team been able to push our testing without having to build a Jenkins/drone instance. Needless to say this was hugely amazing and shows what happens when we have lines of communication open and a quick feedback loop.  I’m excited to see what we can make happen as a community over the next cycle(s).

I thought I would drop everyone a note, say that your input has been invaluable and we are making leaps and bounds already.

If you’re curious, I’ve put the review in to move from stackforge to openstack officially via infra[6] and it’s slated for next weeks infra meeting[7]. Any relevant update I’ll pass along.

If you have any questions or comments, thoughts anything don’t hesitate to reach out and again, thanks again everyone!

-JJ

[1]: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/YVR-ops-chef <https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/YVR-ops-chef>
[2]: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/175000/ <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/175000/>
[3]: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/185085/ <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/185085/>