[Openstack-operators] Multiple vlan ranges on same physical interface [ml2]

gustavo panizzo (gfa) gfa at zumbi.com.ar
Thu May 7 15:17:47 UTC 2015

On 2015-05-07 22:32, George Shuklin wrote:
> Hello everyone.
>
> Got a problem: we want to use same physical interface for external
> networks and virtual (tenant) networks. All inside vlans with different
> ranges.
>
> My expected config was:
>
> [ml2]
> type_drivers = vlan
> tenant_network_types = vlan
> [ml2_type_vlan]
> network_vlan_ranges = external:1:100,local:1000:4000
> [ovs]
> bridge_mappings = external:br-ex,local:br-ex

that's wrong

you need something like

[ml2]
type_drivers = vlan
tenant_network_types = vlan
[ml2_type_vlan]
network_vlan_ranges = blabla:1:100
[ovs]
bridge_mappings = blabla:br-ex

neutron  net-create flat-network --provider:network-type flat
--provider:physical_network blabla

neutron  net-create vlanN --provider:network-type vlan
--provider:physical_network blabla --provider:segmentation_id N

neutron  net-create vlanN+nn --provider:network-type vlan
--provider:physical_network blabla --provider:segmentation_id N+nn

on each physical interface you can put one flat and up to 4096(?) vlans
but you can't define the same bridge_mapping twice

> But it does not work:
>
> ERROR neutron.plugins.openvswitch.agent.ovs_neutron_agent [-] Parsing
> bridge_mappings failed: Value br-ex in mapping: 'gp:br-ex' not unique.
> Agent terminated!
>
> I understand that I can cheat and manually configure bridge pile (br-ex
> and br-loc both plugged to br-real, which linked to physical interface),
> but it looks very fragile.
>
> Is any nicer way to do this? And why ml2 (ovs plugin?) does not allow to
> use mapping from many networks to one bridge?

1AE0 322E B8F7 4717 BDEA BF1D 44BB 1BA7 9F6C 6333