[Openstack-operators] Scaling the Ops Meetup

Joe Topjian joe at topjian.net
Tue Jun 30 15:56:32 UTC 2015

Hi Tom,

I think this is a great problem to have. Difficult to solve, but it shows
how popular / important these meetups are.

I'm definitely in favor of a "no booths" type meetup. I feel if a company
wants to sponsor, they're doing it out of good will and any recognition
would come from that.

I'd love to keep the meetups as inclusive as possible. I found the
Philadelphia meetup to be extremely valuable networking-wise (as well as
extremely valuable in general). A lot of people I talked to may not have
attended if there was some kind of bar placed on entry.

I think the current schedule format is still working: open discussions
bring in a lot of feedback and tips, working groups continue to shape and
produce actions. Open discussions may become unwieldy as attendance grows,
but maybe having two tracks would solve that.

Do you have a good indication that the number of attendees will continue to
grow? Maybe it has hit (or will soon hit) a steady level?

I wouldn't be opposed to having a paid registration for the meetup. Could
the amount be polled if paid registration is considered?

Thanks, Tom. I don't envy your position, but I do very much appreciate the
work that goes into planning this. :)

Joe