[Openstack-operators] Image Based Backups

Jason Ford jford at blackmesh.com
Tue Jun 30 14:44:59 UTC 2015

This isn¹t completely inside of OpenStack, but you can use something like
R1soft that is installed on an instance inside of your cloud then use that
to connect to other instances to bare metal. We (BlackMesh) have then
created a baremetal instance that ceph volumes can be attached to do full
restores or in the case you simply want a file, you can restore that
directly to the agent and be done with it. For better results, attaching a
physical server that has R1soft installed is a better option incase your
ceph (or what ever storage you are using) backend goes sideways.

Not ³cloudy² but still better than the alternative which is to lose data.

Regards,

jason

Jason Ford
BlackMesh Managed Services