[Openstack-operators] [tags] Ops-Data vs. Ops-Tags

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Jun 29 08:51:50 UTC 2015

Subbu Allamaraju wrote:
> People will starting calling "tc this" and "uc that" only if we present
> two sets of data. I think the right question to ask is why not present
> one unified set, which was my original understanding when I read your
> proposal last year.

Subbu,

It was indeed our proposal -- provide data under the same framework.
However, the ops workgroup decided to provide a totally different type
of information that the TC provides, using its own framework. I totally
respect your right to do that. But that created, in effect, two
different sets.

I still think we can consider those two sets two different types of data
provided under the same "project metadata" program. But they are
different types of data. You build complex objective dictionaries of
information around themes. We subjectively define precise labels that
apply or do not apply. Calling them the same won't make them magically
the same. It will just confuse people.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)