[Openstack-operators] Gentoo image availability

George Shuklin george.shuklin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 23:14:58 UTC 2015

On 06/09/2015 05:46 AM, Matthew Thode wrote:

> Ya, not sure how to do multi-interface yet.  I'd love if the cloud-init
> static ip support would work with it. (hash with macs being the key and
> a list of IPs being the value for each interface).  Then dhcp can go
> away (I tend to much prefer config-drive).
>
> The disk-image-builder support is on my todo list already :D
>
> I just updated the cloud-init ebuild with a better cloud.cfg, could
> probably use more love, but it works.
>
> I am working on getting gentoo as a first class citizen in
> openstack-ansible as well, which depends on the disk-image-builder work.
>   So much work still to do :D

Aw. Don't discriminate DHCP. It has many nice features (for example, if
you add new interface to existing VM, cloud-init with static config will
ignore it, but DHCP will works like magic).

I don't know how it works in Gentoo, but in Debian 'allow-hotplug' for
all interfaces but eth0 allows to support most of the future interfaces.
Same for CentOS - you can add few eth scripts to network configuration
and they will works as soon as new interface appears.