[Openstack-operators] Help with multiple external network in openstack

Geo Varghese gvarghese at aqorn.com
Thu Jun 4 19:43:08 UTC 2015

Hi Noah,

Thanks a lot for valuable inputs.

I am using vlan tags for 2 external network and it configured on eth1.

The two interfaces for multiple external networks are eth1.803 and eth1.805

Currently i didn't created br-ex bridge as it is multiple network.

I have added vlan rages as =>

network_vlan_ranges = physnet1:100:2999

bridge_mappings as

bridge_mappings =

Can you please explain what are the configurations I have to do to
implement it.

Thanks for your time.

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 12:18 AM, Abrahams.Noah <Noah.Abrahams at igt.com>
wrote:

>  Geo,
>

> You also need to set the gateway_external_network_id variable to empty.
> If you don’t, the L3 agent is either using the gateway from the network
> with the specified UUID, or can’t figure out which one to use.
>

> Also, if the networks have VLAN tags that would be handled by the switch,
> you might need to create that network on an entirely separate bridge (for
> example: br-ex2) and bind it to your physical interface.  After you do
> that, go through all the associations, such as adding the new physnet# in
> your bridge mappings and vlan ranges in your ml2_conf.ini.
>

> *Noah Abrahams*
>
> Staff Engineer @ IGT  |  Central Platforms and Apps

Regards,
Geo Varghese