[Openstack-operators] Ceph puppet module

David Moreau Simard dmsimard at iweb.com
Sun Feb 22 14:57:15 UTC 2015

Hey Stuart,

You might want to look at (and use, if you want) the built-in roles and profiles layer [1] which gives you a good idea of how the module is used.

It leverages ceph::profile::params to pass values [2] to other classes such as ceph::profile::osd [3].

Another good place to look at how to use the module would be the integration tests [4].
Since the module is integration tested, this means we actually use the module to deploy a virtual Ceph cluster and we test that the cluster works - see for example the tests for ceph::profile::osd [4].

I'm dmsimard on #puppet-openstack and #openstack-operators if you need a hand to get this to work.
This is still a relatively new module in comparison to the likes of puppet-nova and such. Feedback and contributions are appreciated!

[1] https://github.com/stackforge/puppet-ceph/tree/master/manifests/profile
[2] https://github.com/stackforge/puppet-ceph/blob/master/manifests/profile/params.pp
[3] https://github.com/stackforge/puppet-ceph/blob/master/manifests/profile/osd.pp
[4] https://github.com/stackforge/puppet-ceph/blob/master/spec/system/ceph_profile_osd_spec.rb