[Openstack-operators] State of Juno in Production

Jesse Keating jlk at bluebox.net
Tue Feb 17 17:35:53 UTC 2015

On 2/17/15 8:46 AM, Joe Topjian wrote:

> The only issue I'm aware of is that live snapshotting is disabled. Has
> anyone re-enabled this and seen issues? What was the procedure to re-enable?

We've re-enabled it. Live snapshots take more system resources, which
meant I had to dial back down my Rally test to validate how it could
perform.

To re-enable it, we reverted the upstream commit that disabled it.

https://github.com/blueboxgroup/nova/commit/fa3a9208ea366489410b4828bd20a74a571287a6

Once that was clear, and we had an upgraded version of libvirt in place,
live snapshots just happened.

As for the rest of your mail, we're going from Havana to Juno, and we
have neutron, so some of our experience won't necessarily apply to you.

--
-jlk