[Openstack-operators] [Neutron] Floating IPs / Router Gateways

Mike Spreitzer mspreitz at us.ibm.com
Sat Apr 18 02:12:36 UTC 2015

> From: Jacob Godin <jacobgodin at gmail.com>
> To: Mike Spreitzer/Watson/IBM at IBMUS
> Cc: Daniel Comnea <comnea.dani at gmail.com>, OpenStack Operators
> <openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org>
> Date: 04/15/2015 08:37 AM
> Subject: Re: [Openstack-operators] [Neutron] Floating IPs / Router
Gateways

> Ah, gotcha. So you're not using overlapping subnets then.
>
> Unfortunately that hack wouldn't work in our environment, but
> definitely something that others might consider using.

Right, the solution I am using now imposes address constraints between
tenants that share a router.  I need to eliminate constraints between
tenants, so I have to abandon the solution I am using.  So I, too, am
looking for different solution.

I want to support a lot of tenants doing fairly unrestricted stuff, so all
the connections --- from their Compute Instances that do NOT have a
floating IP --- to public servers is more than I want to SNAT onto a
*single* public address.

Thanks,
Mike