[Openstack-operators] Migrating Parallels Virtuozzo Containers to OpenStack

Michael Dorman mdorman at godaddy.com
Thu Oct 30 21:51:46 UTC 2014

Anyone have any experience moving from Parallels Virtuozzo Containers to OpenStack (KVM)?  We have a large number of PVC Vms and would like to get those moved over to OpenStack KVM.

At first glance, the plan would be to shut down the PVC, copy and convert the image to qcow2, and [magic] bring it up in OpenStack.  But I am sure it's not that easy.

Any advice or war stories would be really useful.

Thanks,
Mike