[Openstack-operators] Migrating Parallels Virtuozzo Containers to OpenStack

Marcos Garcia marcos.garcia at enovance.com
Thu Oct 30 22:08:34 UTC 2014

Well I believe PVC are basically OpenVZ containers, that means there is
on kernel/ramdisk to boot from it, AFAIK. Openstack doesn't support
OpenVZ, just LXC (and Docker)

You should take that into account as it may require changes inside the
'disk image'.

On 2014-10-30 5:51 PM, Michael Dorman wrote:
> Anyone have any experience moving from Parallels Virtuozzo Containers
> to OpenStack (KVM)?  We have a large number of PVC Vms and would like
> to get those moved over to OpenStack KVM.
>
> At first glance, the plan would be to shut down the PVC, copy and
> convert the image to qcow2, and [magic] bring it up in OpenStack.  But
> I am sure it’s not that easy.
>
> Any advice or war stories would be really useful.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

*Marcos Garcia
*
Technical Sales Engineer

*PHONE : *(514) – 907 - 0068 *EMAIL :*marcos.garcia at enovance.com
<mailto:marcos.garcia at enovance.com> - *SKYPE : *enovance-marcos.garcia**
*ADDRESS :*127 St-Pierre – Montréal (QC) H2Y 2L6, Canada *WEB :
*www.enovance.com <http://www.enovance.com/>