[Openstack-operators] ml2 plugin setup @ havana

Marcos Garcia marcos.garcia at enovance.com
Fri May 16 15:06:59 UTC 2014

(note: this is not my work, just my colleague's)
In my company we have a Puppet recipe
(https://github.com/enovance/puppet-openstack-cloud) for neutron
(Havana) with the following manifest:

##extracted from
https://github.com/enovance/puppet-openstack-cloud/blob/master/manifests/network.pp
   class { 'neutron':
     allow_overlapping_ips   => true,
     verbose                 => $verbose,
     debug                   => $debug,
     rabbit_user             => 'neutron',
     rabbit_hosts            => $rabbit_hosts,
     rabbit_password         => $rabbit_password,
     rabbit_virtual_host     => '/',
     bind_host               => $api_eth,
     log_facility            => $log_facility,
     use_syslog              => $use_syslog,
     dhcp_agents_per_network => '2',
     core_plugin             => 'neutron.plugins.ml2.plugin.Ml2Plugin',
     service_plugins         =>
['neutron.services.loadbalancer.plugin.LoadBalancerPlugin','neutron.services.metering.metering_plugin.MeteringPlugin','neutron.services.l3_router.l3_router_plugin.L3RouterPlugin'],
     log_dir                 => $log_dir,
     dhcp_lease_duration     => $dhcp_lease_duration,
   }

As you can see, the service_plugins line includes loadbalancer, metering
(ceilometer) and
*neutron.services.l3_router.l3_router_plugin.L3RouterPlugin*

Core_plugin is ML2, as recommended.

I hope this can be helpful

Cheers

On 2014-05-16, 10:54 AM, George Shuklin wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I can't make ml2 working under ubuntu. The problem is with
> service_plugins option in config.
>
> If I do not put any service_plugins, neutron-server starts but
> complains (Extension router not supported by any of loaded plugins).
>
> And if I put plugin name to service_plugins it cause traces on neutron.
>
> I've tried:
>
> service_plugins = router
> service_plugins = neutron.services.router
> service_plugins = neutron.services.l3_router
> service_plugins = l3_router
> service_plugins = neutron.services.l3_router.L3RouterPlugin
>
> None of them works.
>
> How service_plugins line should be looking in havana for ml2 (not
> icehouse). Thanks.

*Marcos Garcia
*
Technical Sales Engineer

*PHONE : *(514) -- 907 - 0068 *EMAIL :*marcos.garcia at enovance.com
<mailto:marcos.garcia at enovance.com> - *SKYPE : *enovance-marcos.garcia**
*ADDRESS :*127 St-Pierre -- Montréal (QC) H2Y 2L6, Canada *WEB :
*www.enovance.com <http://www.enovance.com/>