[Openstack-operators] Atlanta Summit - More Ops? ;)

matt matt at nycresistor.com
Sat Mar 29 23:59:07 UTC 2014

There are several needs as yet unmet in the openstack project family.

I know at my employer ( a large notable openstack cloud ), we have been
working internally on some cmdb style APIs that we may or may not target
for open source contribution.

I think there's also a need for operations to own parts of OOO, ceilometer,
and other projects.

So I don't know how to structurally target operations involvement other
than maybe the post of an embedded operations person in core of a project
that is relevant.  But they would have to be a heavy contributor.  That
seems outside scope of the openstack foundation.

That being said, maybe an OSSG style group of contributors who work to
target project development and documentation sprints for the community.

-Matt