[Openstack-operators] Cinder with Ceph which option is good ?

John Dewey john at dewey.ws
Fri Mar 21 17:01:15 UTC 2014

Do you have any performance tuning suggestions for others using this configuration?We have found guests [1] have various latency [2] accessing a ceph block device through KVM.

[1] 12.04 guest OS with 3.8 kernel w/ virtio on 12.04 hypervisor with 3.8 kernel
[2] In contrast to kernel RBD mounted on bare metal outside KVM

fio —filename=/dev/vdb —direct=1 —rw=randrw —ioengine=libaio —bs=$bs —rwmixread=$rw —iodepth=16 —numjobs=8 —runtime=120

bs=1k .. 4m
rw=0,100

John