[Openstack-operators] Keystone Configuration in HA: bind_host

Daneyon Hansen (danehans) danehans at cisco.com
Thu Mar 6 16:11:45 UTC 2014

It's more a question of security rather than HA.  I prefer to specify an IP address so the service is not listening on all IP addresses (0.0.0.0).

Regards,
Daneyon Hansen
Software Engineer
Email: danehans at cisco.com
Phone: 303-718-0400
http://about.me/daneyon_hansen

From: Alvise Dorigo <alvise.dorigo at pd.infn.it<mailto:alvise.dorigo at pd.infn.it>>
Date: Thursday, March 6, 2014 1:16 AM
To: "openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org>" <openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org>>
Subject: [Openstack-operators] Keystone Configuration in HA: bind_host

Hi,
I've seen around people configuring, for an HA OpenStack installation, for Keystone (and for Glance too) the bind_host variable to local management IP address (which is NOT the Virtual IP of the HA cluster), and other people configuring to 0.0.0.0.

Which is actually correct (and why?)

thanks,

Alvise