[Openstack-operators] HA solutions for L3-Agent and metadata-agent ?

Alvise Dorigo alvise.dorigo at pd.infn.it
Thu Mar 6 12:54:22 UTC 2014

Hi,
I opened some time ago a thread about this argument (more in general about HA for OpenStack): http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/openstack/operators/33777.
Now I'm definitely focusing on making the Neutron's agents highly available.

As stated in the mentioned thread there's no solution for making L3 agent HA with the active/active paradigm. But I have to use the active/active paradigm.

In the mentioned thread, Jay suggests to use a tool to replicate l3 agent's status to the other node upon failure of the current node (I haven't used this tool yet).

Reading the HA guide by Openstack (http://docs.openstack.org/high-availability-guide/content/_running_neutron_metadata_agent.html) there's not a solution active/active-based also for the metadata agent.

I wonder if there's a similar tool to replicate the metadata agent's status on the other node, as for the l3 agent.

thank you,

	Alvise