[Openstack-operators] minimum scale openstack

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Wed Jun 18 23:30:03 UTC 2014

On 19 June 2014 10:36, Alex Leonhardt <aleonhardt.py at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Clint!
>
> Yeah i'd do the DBs as Active / Passive first and do separate testing when
> trying A/A our DBAs are actually testing something that may work (A/A) with
> almost anything :)
>
> Rabbit - cool - I dont know Rabbit too well but dont expect much issues
> there ...
>
> We are planning to run nova and neutron agent/s on every Hyper Visor to
> avoid bottlenecks with "network nodes" and instead every HV would use its
> own neutron/network service etc. - do you see any issues with that or have
> you had any experience running that config ?

You'll need then DVR patchset which I don't *think* has fully landed
yet for that. Normal Neutron is either a) provider networks (VIF plugs
straight into a bridge onto the LAN) or b) overlay networks (you get a
centralised router).

Anyhow, since you're talking minimum scale, I'd be amazed if you can
bottleneck anything.

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>