[Openstack-operators] Rolling out Icehouse in only in compute nodes

Joe Gordon joe.gordon0 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 17:18:39 UTC 2014

On Jun 7, 2014 3:18 AM, "Diego Parrilla Santamaría" <
diego.parrilla.santamaria at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear folks,
>
> we are planning to upgrade to icehouse from havana and most of the
documents in the net says we should start migrating the nova, glance,
keystone, cinder, neutron and perform the nova-compute migrations after
those.

> We would like to do it the other way around: nova-compute first and other
components later. Why? because there are some nice features in icehouse at
nova-compute level only that can be isolated easily using aggregates (ex:
Docker).

> So the question is: Anybody in the house using Havana with some icehouse
nova-compute nodes?

As a nova developer who helped work on Havana compute + icehouse everything
else, I would like to support your use case as well, but we don't support
it now, and there is a non trivial amount of work involved to support it.