[Openstack-operators] Nova Grizzly to Havana upgrade

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Tue Feb 25 11:02:34 UTC 2014

Final posting on the upgrade at CERN and summary at http://openstack-in-production.blogspot.ch/2014/02/our-cloud-in-havana.html with a few hints and some steps to run for a cells environment. A couple of problems seen

-        euca2ools did not work on our standard SL 6 configuration (version 2.1.4). An error instance-type should be of type string was raised on VM creation. The root cause was a downlevel boto version.

-        When creating multiple machines using --num-instances on the nova command line with the cells configuration, the unique name created was invalid.

Tim