[Openstack-operators] Live migration using block migration fails when images/snapshots are missing from glance. "BUG?"

Robert van Leeuwen Robert.vanLeeuwen at spilgames.com
Fri Feb 14 08:38:29 UTC 2014

Hi,

When you want to block-migrate a machine the original image or snapshot still needs to exist.
Since (some  ;)  people tend to clean up stuff this results in machines that cannot be migrated anymore.

I found a work-around by re-uploading the image with the original image-id from the hypervisor where the image is still located but it is a pretty ugly manual hack.

Anyone else hit this, and if so, how did you deal with this?
I would prefer that Openstack handles this by copying the image between the hosts when it is no longer in Glance.

Thx,
Robert van Leeuwen