[Openstack-operators] [OpenStack-operators] Deployment tools

Paul Rad paul.rad at RACKSPACE.COM
Wed Dec 17 14:24:11 UTC 2014

Hi Carol,

At UTSA Open Cloud lab research, we have a relatively large Testbed cloud with 500+ heterogeneous physical nodes, switches (even ONIE), and storage (Seagate Kinetics, etc.) . So far we have looked at MaaS/Juju and Forman. We are in the process of evaluating Crowbar and Ironic.

Our intent is to build a dynamic cloud heterogeneous testbed so user community can build their custom clouds/reference architectures then characterize the entire stack (including performance/availability/scalability) based on user community, Since the testbed platform is for cloud research and industry collaboration, we have no intent to select one tool over the other however we will be more than happy to participate and share our experience.

Regards,
Paul

From: Barrett, Carol L [mailto:carol.l.barrett at intel.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2014 3:04 PM
To: openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org
Subject: [Openstack-operators] [OpenStack-operators] Deployment tools

Hi All - I'm looking for people who has deployed an OpenStack cloud with the following tools/methods to come into the Win The Enterprise deployment team meeting to provide some feedback on their experience. Pls let me know if you'd like to participate. You can find more info here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Win_the_Enterprise.

*         Large Scale Deployments
*         Triple-O and Ironic
*         Staypuft and Foreman
*         Fuel