[Openstack-operators] [Upgrades] Interoperability Matrix

Fuente, Pablo A pablo.a.fuente at intel.com
Mon Apr 21 13:25:34 UTC 2014

Hi,

You are right regarding grenade, but there is a subtle difference with
the interoperability matrix.
Meanwhile grenade does the upgrade and ensures it is working,  the
matrix checks that different components versions work well (or not)
together, hoping that this information helps in the upgrade decisions
(for example, upgrades orders).
In other words, Grenade moves the entire “cloud” from one version to
another (all the components in the same version) and the matrix tests an
specific component version against the rest of the cloud in another
version.
Actually, I am considering to build this matrix without performing any
upgrade.

Then, do you think this matrix could be helpful?

Thank you very much for your answer!
Regards,
Pablo