[Openstack-operators] OpenvSwitch Latency issues

Édouard Thuleau thuleau at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 08:45:15 UTC 2013

We made some tests to know the limit of simultaneous established
connections a VM can support and we met some pb with 1.11 release
(crashes...).

So we try the new release 2.0.0 [1] (on the advice of KVM list [2] ) which
had the support for the multiple threads for ovs-vswitchd process. And now,
we no longer have limitations from OVS.

Ubuntu ppa packages OVS 1.11.0 and 2.0.0 are available here [3] thanks to
Sahid.

[1]
http://git.openvswitch.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=openvswitch;a=blob;f=NEWS;h=e0fafd08f52cc3a753cef6554251b9288cd3e6e3;hb=refs/heads/branch-2.0
[2] http://www.mail-archive.com/kvm@vger.kernel.org/msg96823.html