[Openstack-operators] problem with neutron vlan network_type net-create on Havana

Nick Maslov azpekt at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 07:57:02 UTC 2013

Hi guys,

Sorry for interfering in the middle of discussion - but I`m having similar issues. Networks I created from the GUI are created with the “local” type. I can create it manually with the neutron-client, but can someone point me to the differences between, say, GRE-type and local-type of networks?

I understand overall difference quite well - but need to get it from OpenStack perspective.

Much obliged,
NM
--
Nick Maslov
Sent with Airmail

On November 2, 2013 at 12:07:01 AM, Ronald van der Pol (ronald.vanderpol at rvdp.org) wrote:

On Fri, Nov 01, 2013 at 21:17:47 +0000, Daneyon Hansen (danehans) wrote:

> Something is definitely going on with the db. It seems like maybe your
> not talking to it. Can you make sure the connection info in neutron.conf
> is working. For example:

Connection to th mysql db is working for user neutron.

> You may want to try dropping the neutron db, restart the neutron services
> and see if the tables get re-established.

I removed the two local nets and they were also gone from the db.
I dropped and created the db again. All tables are present again.

mysql> select * from ovs_network_bindings;
Empty set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from ovs_vlan_allocations;
Empty set (0.00 sec)

mysql>

# neutron net-create net300 --provider:network_type vlan --provider:physical_network physnet1 --provider:segmentation_id 300
400-{u'NeutronError': {u'message': u'Invalid input for operation: Unknown provider:physical_network physnet1.', u'type': u'InvalidInput', u'detail': u''}}

So, still not working.

I do not think I am using ml2. This is what I have:
core_plugin = neutron.plugins.openvswitch.ovs_neutron_plugin.OVSNeutronPluginV2

rvdp