[Openstack-operators] Windows 2012 KVM Image Creation

Jesse Pretorius jesse.pretorius at gmail.com
Wed May 22 16:37:38 UTC 2013

I came right - thank you everyone for their pointers.

A few tips for anyone doing this:

1) Some of Jordan Rink's stuff in the batch files (driver installs, etc)
don't work. Devcon, the certificate and the drivers appear to be in serious
need of an update. I've reported the issue on github for anyone who's
interested.
2) If you build with the CDROM attached, then use the E:\WIN8\AMD64
directory for the drivers - everything will be fine and dandy.
3) You can select all the applicable drivers when you're loading the one to
access the VirtIO disk. When this is done, all drivers will already be in
place once the server installation is completed.

I will definitely be looking at the evaluation image that was provided, and
hope that more will continue to be provided as time goes on!