[Openstack-operators] Geo-Replication...

Jesse Pretorius jesse.pretorius at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 05:55:19 UTC 2013

On 10 June 2013 22:19, Adam Morris <adam.morris at multiscalehn.com> wrote:

> Indeed, and that's another topic that interests me (professionally at
> least).  We have two data centers in different geographic zones and
> currently have a swift cluster in one of them.  We are looking at adding a
> second swift cluster in the other, and are curious what replication options
> we have.

The two articles I've seen written so far about clustering swift
geographically are as follows:
http://swiftstack.com/blog/2012/09/16/globally-distributed-openstack-swift-cluster/
http://www.mirantis.com/blog/configuring-multi-region-cluster-openstack-swift/

Both are a bit old - dating back to the Folsom time-frames. It'd be
interesting to see some updates from the community regarding the use of a
more updated Grizzly-level code-base and perhaps also looking into the
future with the Havana code-base.