[Openstack-operators] Implement OS using existing network setup

Ronald J. Yacketta yacketrj at potsdam.edu
Tue Jul 30 14:25:48 UTC 2013

Hello all!

We have a rather complex network setup where our HP BL460c G8's have multiple VLAN's assigned and bridges already created per VLAN. Would like to setup a new HP BL460c G8 using OpenStack and mirror the network setup, looks like Quantum+OVS would be the logical choice but not sure how one would  use OVS with existing bridges. All of the examples I have seen build up the bridge and assign the port which in the end executes the required OS commands to build out the network. How would one go about setting up OpenStack networking to utilizing existing network configuration?

Regards,

Ron