[Openstack-operators] Multiple nova-computers per host?

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Mon Jul 29 22:02:18 UTC 2013

Hi.

I've just read a libvirt code review which implies to me that people
are deploying multiple nova-compute processes per physical compute
host to work around scaling concerns.

I have some concern that this might be bad idea, because I can think
of a variety of race conditions you'd experience if you did that. It
_might_ be possible to work around some of these race conditions by
playing with periodic task configuration, but it wouldn't help with
some others.

Is anyone here deploying in this way?

Thanks,
Michael