[Openstack-operators] Shared storage HA question

Sylvain Bauza sylvain.bauza at bull.net
Thu Jul 25 07:22:51 UTC 2013

Hi Denis,

As per my short testings, I would assume anything but FUSE-mounted would
match your needs.

On the performance glance, here is what I could suggest :
  - if using GlusterFS, wait for this BP [1] to be implemented. I do
agree with Razique on the issues you could face with GlusterFS, this is
mainly due to the Windows caching system mixed with QCOW2 copy-on-write
images relying on a FUSE mountpoint.
  - if using Ceph, use RADOS to boot from Cinder volumes. Don't use FUSE
mountpoint, again.

-Sylvain

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/glusterfs-native-support