[Openstack-operators] VMs on different compute hosts are not able to communicate on openstack havana, with flatdhcp, multi-host nova-network setup with kvm on ubuntu 12.04

Erik McCormick emccormick at cirrusseven.com
Thu Dec 26 16:40:50 UTC 2013

I haven't tried a setup using nova network, but when I attempted a setup
with Neutron in VMWare, I had the same arp issues. When I put everything on
physical hosts except the control node, my issues went away. I don't know
the exact cause of the issue, but it seems to have something to do with the
VMWare virtual switch.

-Erik