[Openstack-operators] StackTach setup

Denis Loshakov dloshakov at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 10:27:04 UTC 2013

Hello, thanks for help.

First about configs:

stacktach_config.sh:
export STACKTACH_DB_NAME="stacktach"
export STACKTACH_DB_HOST=""
export STACKTACH_DB_USERNAME="stacktach"
export STACKTACH_DB_PASSWORD="stacktach123"
export STACKTACH_DB_PORT="3306"
export STACKTACH_INSTALL_DIR="/opt/www/stacktach/"
export
STACKTACH_DEPLOYMENTS_FILE="/opt/www/stacktach/etc/stacktach_worker_config.json"
export
STACKTACH_VERIFIER_CONFIG="/opt/www/stacktach/etc/stacktach_verifier_config.json"
export DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE="settings"

stacktach_worker_config.json:
{"deployments": [
     {
         "name": "openstack_devel",
         "durable_queue": false,
         "rabbit_host": "10.0.2.20",
         "rabbit_port": 5672,
         "rabbit_userid": "nova",
         "rabbit_password": "nova",
         "rabbit_virtual_host": "/",
         "exit_on_exception": false,
         "queue_name": "stacktach",
         "topics": {
             "nova": ["monitor.info", "monitor.error"],
             "glance": ["monitor_glance.info", "monitor_glance.error"],
             "keystone": ["monitor_keystone.info", "monitor_keystone.error"]
         }
     }]
}

stacktach_verifier_config.json:
{
     "tick_time": 30,
     "settle_time": 5,
     "settle_units": "minutes",
     "pool_size": 2,
     "enable_notifications": true,
     "rabbit": {
         "durable_queue": false,
         "host": "10.0.2.20",
         "port": 5672,
         "userid": "nova",
         "password": "nova",
         "virtual_host": "/",
         "topics": {
             "nova": ["notifications.info"],
             "glance": ["notifications.info"],
             "keystone": ["notifications.info"]
         }
     }
}

Testing connectivity with Rabbit host:
root at stacktach:/opt/www/stacktach/etc$ telnet 10.0.2.20 5672
Trying 10.0.2.20...
Connected to 10.0.2.20.
Escape character is '^]'.
qeqw
^]
telnet> quit
Connection closed.
root at stacktach:/opt/www/stacktach/etc$

Run simple web server:
python manage.py runserver 10.0.2.18:8000

Create database and populate it:
python manage.py syncdb
python manage.py migrate

And finally run workers:
python ../worker/start_workers.py

I tried to sniff by port 5672 or sniff by src/dst nothing.

Thats my story.