[Openstack-operators] Options for HA Postgres as OpenStack database

gustavo panizzo <gfa> gfa at zumbi.com.ar
Tue Aug 13 04:45:29 UTC 2013

On 08/13/2013 01:35 AM, Nick Maslov wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I have a dream...
>
> I have a dream of Postgres in HA, running as OpenStack primary database. I also have a Ceph cluster, that I want to use as storage backend.
>
> Have anyone had a pleasure of setiing up such an environment? I read about DRBD/Pacekeeper, but I don`t really sure how to tie it in Ceph environment.

i don't, i have the pleasure to work with a better (IMHO) environment ;)

postgresql does support sync replication, so you don't need a shared
storage. just regular boxes with fast disks.
you failover the master role and the master role ip, lot easier than
mount/umount filesystems and such.

there is a RA script for pacemaker which greatly simplifies the operation.