[Openstack-operators] Options for HA Postgres as OpenStack database

Nick Maslov azpekt at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 04:35:07 UTC 2013

Hi guys,

I have a dream...

I have a dream of Postgres in HA, running as OpenStack primary database. I also have a Ceph cluster, that I want to use as storage backend.

Have anyone had a pleasure of setiing up such an environment? I read about DRBD/Pacekeeper, but I don`t really sure how to tie it in Ceph environment.

Also, I`ll need to use same vision to provide HA to other modules of OpenStack (Neutron,API,etc).

Sorry, if this mail does not fully fit formally into maillist, but best OpenStackers hang here, I`m sure :)

Thanks,
NM

PS - OpenStack HA document is dated Jan`12, it`s almost 1,5 years by now. Are there chances to see an updated version?