[Openstack-operators] problem with glance-registory

Salman Toor salman.toor at it.uu.se
Thu Sep 20 15:07:15 UTC 2012

Hi again,

Finally I manage to run glance-registry as a service, using glance user.

The problem was the ownership of the log file. When I removed
everything the log files in the /var/log/glance/* directory still be
there and the registry.log file was owned by the root user and root
group.

The problem becomes visible when I run the glance-registry manually
from the glance user account.

$ sudo su -s /bin/bash glance
$ glance-registry --config-file /etc/glance/glance-registry.conf --debug
--verbose
This command shows the correct message "cannot write in registry.log".
Which was not visible before.

I changed the ownership of the registry.log and everything started to
work fine.

Now glance-registry is running as a service using glance user account.

It seems like when I remove the glance using yum it didn't delete the
log files as that file contains all the old logs as well.

I am using slc6-x86_64 as a VM.

Regards..
Salman.