[Openstack-operators] problem with glance-registory

Derek Higgins derekh at redhat.com
Thu Sep 20 14:40:05 UTC 2012

On 09/20/2012 01:39 PM, Salman Toor wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Yes that's correct that I am running it using sudo, means as root.
>
> My password file and group file looks Ok. I have check the permissions
> on the directories, Ok as well. Actually everything is as similar as it
> is for keystone user.
>
> I have tried following steps
>
> 1 - Stop glance-api and glance-registry.
> 2 - Remove everything using "yum remove".
> 3 - Remove glance database and the glance user from mysql.
> 4 - Delete user and group glance
> 5 - Install everything form scratch using "sudo yum install
> openstack-glance"
> 6 - Create databases, fix the conf files.
>
> But the result is same. no success when it comes to the glance-registry.
>
> So still I am running manually using root account. :-(

try running manually as glance
$ sudo su -s /bin/bash glance
$ glance-registry --config-file /etc/glance/glance-registry.conf --debug
--verbose

Also have you got selinux running?
$ getenforce

and if it is set to Enforcing check for denials
$ grep AVC /var/log/audit/audit.log

btw what package versions and platform are you running on?