[Openstack-operators] networking issues with windows instances

haynes.davis at accenture.com haynes.davis at accenture.com
Fri Jun 1 12:19:08 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am tring Essex on Ubuntu 12.04. I have created Windows image by following steps

kvm-img create -f raw windows2008-latest.img 20G
kvm -m 1024 -cdrom Windows2k8.iso -drive file=windows.img,if=virtio -boot d -drive file=virtio-win-0.1-22.iso,index=3,media=cdrom -device virtio-net-pci -net nic -net user -nographic -vnc :5
glance add name="windows 2008 server" is_public=true container_format=ovf disk_format=qcow2 <  windows.img

Instance get created with Status Active, Task None and Power State Running. But the IP is not reachable. There is no issue with networking for Ubuntu instances. I have tried with windows 2003, 2008 and Windows7. Even while creating image network was not working ie; by running windows using kvm command.

Is there any other step to add to get networking correctly configured for windows.

Regards,
Haynes

Subject to local law, communications with Accenture and its affiliates including telephone calls and emails (including content), may be monitored by our systems for the purposes of security and the assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy.