[Openstack-operators] Confused by user management

Samuel Winchenbach swinchen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 16:19:31 UTC 2012

Hi All,

What is the correct way to manage users/tenants/services in essex?  I
am confused because "keystone user-list" and "nova-manage user list"
are different, as are "keystone service-list" and "nova-manage service
list"

Basically I am trying to create tenants and users with quotas, but I
don't see a way to do that through keystone/keystone-manage.  I would
rather figure out a way to manage the cloud using the console
commands, and avoid using horizon.

Any tips, or reading material you can point me too would be much
appreciated.   Thank you,

Sam